This program is for anyone who wants to complete their first half-marathon or improve on their previous half-marathon times. This clinic can also benefit triathletes.
Clinic Instructor: Coach John Ferguson
Assistant Coach: Bruce Lamb
Winter Session – $130 plus HST for 40 organized runs
Tuesday January 7, 2020 to Thursday May 21, 2020
Thursday evenings at 6 PM from Goodlife downtown (Citi Plaza)
Sunday mornings at 8 AM from Goodlife downtown (Citi Plaza)
Goal Event: Forest City Road Races Half Marathon (or an event of your choice).
Summer Session – $130 plus HST for 40 organized runs
Tuesday June 2, 2020 to Thursday October 15, 2020
Thursday evenings at 6 PM from Gibbons Park (Grosvenor St. parking lot)
Sunday mornings at 8 AM from Gibbons Park (Grosvenor St. parking lot)
NOTE: July and Aug Sunday runs will be at 7 AM to avoid the heat.
Goal Event: Marathon du P’tit Train du Nord, Val-David Quebec (or an event of your choice)
There will be an intro session on the first night for the start of each session.
Because of COVID-19, the first session will be posted on-line, and you can pick up your program between 5:30 PM and 6:15 PM at Gibbons Park on Tuesday June 2. This will be followed by an easy run either from your own home, or from Gibbons Park with your new group while respecting group size and physical distancing protocols. A PDF of the program can also be emailed to you on request.
What you get:
- 20 week training program (40 organized runs)
- Winter Clinic: Use of Goodlife lockers, washrooms, showers and meeting room
- Winter Clinic: Priority for Around The Bay bus trip
- Summer Clinic: 3 organized runs to Port Stanley
- Priority for group target half-marathon bus trip (Summer session)
- Fully planned running routes
- Long runs with organized water stops
- 25% off buying opportunities at local running stores
- Large, friendly, encouraging, inclusive group to train with
- Training and racing advice from Coach John and other experienced marathoners
- Social activities for group participants, including a monthly craft brewery run
- Smiles & encouragement from the group
What you need:
- Training base of at least 20km per week
- Good training shoes (Coach John can help!)
- A desire and willingness to improve