This clinic is for anyone who wants to complete their first marathon or improve on their previous marathon times while having a good time doing it. This clinic can also benefit Ironman competitors.
Instructor: Coach John Ferguson
Winter Session – $130 plus HST for 40 organized runs
Tuesday January 5, 2021 to Thursday May 20, 2021
Thursday evenings at 6 PM from Fox and Fiddle (Citi Plaza)
Sunday mornings at 8 AM from Fox and Fiddle (Citi Plaza)
Summer Session – $130 plus HST for 40 organized runs
Tuesday June 1, 2021 to Thursday October 14, 2021
Thursday evenings at 6 PM from Gibbons Park (Grosvenor St. parking lot)
Sunday mornings at 8 AM from Gibbons Park (Grosvenor St. parking lot)
NOTE: July and Aug Sunday runs will be at 7 AM to avoid the heat.
There will be an intro session on the first night for the start of each session.
WINTER CLINIC: Unless COVID-19 restrictions are loosened between now and January 2021, the first session will be posted on-line, and you can pick up your program between 5:30 PM and 6:15 PM at Citi Plaza on Tuesday January 5 2021. This will be followed by an easy run either from your own home, or from Citi Plaza with your new group while respecting group size and physical distancing protocols. A PDF of the program can also be emailed to you on request.
SUMMER CLINIC: First session will be at Gibbons Park (Grosvenor St. parking lot) for the package pick up at 6 PM, followed by an easy run with your new group while respecting all public health guidelines for physical distancing that are in place at the time.
What you get:
- 20 week training program (40 organized runs)
- *IF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ARE LOOSENED – Winter Clinic: Use of Goodlife lockers, washrooms, showers and meeting room
- *IF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ARE LOOSENED – Winter Clinic: Priority for Around The Bay bus trip
- Summer Clinic: 3 organized runs to Port Stanley
- Priority for group target marathon bus trip
- Fully planned running routes
- 25% off buying opportunities at local running stores
- Large, friendly, encouraging, inclusive group to train with
- Training and racing advice from Coach John and other experienced marathoners
- Social activities for group participants, including a monthly craft brewery run
- Smiles & encouragement from the group
What you need:
- Training base of at least 35km per week
- Good training shoes (Coach John can help!)
- A desire and willingness to improve