This clinic is designed for any runner who wants to improve their long distance running speed, whether it be in the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon or Ultra-Marathon.
Clinic Instructor: Coach John Ferguson
Winter Session A – $80 for 18 Speed Work Sessions
TUESDAY EVENINGS AT VARIOUS TIMES AND LOCATIONS
Tuesdays, from January 10 to May 9, 2023
The Outdoor Speed Clinic meets at 6:05 PM at Goodlife downtown (King & Wellington).
If you have arrive late and have NOT done a proper warmup, we request that you miss some of the workout to get a warmup in and join the workout in progress. Injuries can occur not warming up enough. Please also warm down after the workout.
What you get:
- 18 Weekly Planned Progressive Speed Group Workouts
- Use of the Western TD Stadium Track ( biweekly ) for the Summer session.
- Two chip-timed 5k/10k runs to test your race speed.
- Creative / Motivational Workouts and Encouragement
- Pyramids, Ladders, Parloff Relays and Core Workouts
- Hill, Grass and Endurance Repeats ( biweekly ) for the Summer session
- 15% to 25% discount opportunities at local running stores
- Enthusiastic coaching and guidance
- Smiles & encouragement from the group
- Advice from Coach John and lots of veteran long distance runners
- Minimum training base recommended
- Good training shoes (Coach John can provide some advice)
- Desire and willingness to improve